- Home /
Through this page, we will like to provide you with information regarding:
- About us and our role regarding your personal information
- Which personal information we process
- Why we process your personal information
- How long we will store your personal information
- Which are the possible recipients of your personal information
- To which countries or international organizations we intent to transfer your information
- How we will process your personal information
- Which are your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
- How you can exercise your rights regarding your personal information processed by us
- Other information
The project “BioS: Digital Skills on Computational Biology” is approved in the European Framework of Erasmus+ / Sector Skills Alliances Programme. BioS aims at advancing the digital skills of medical doctors through the design, development and delivery of new modular vocational curricula on Computational Biology, as well as transversal skills, directly responding to skills needs identified by existing research evidence.
BioS establishes a multi-stakeholder partnership, comprising of 13 partners in 8 EU Member-States, and develops all its outputs in 8 EU languages, thus guaranteeing wide impact throughout the EU and beyond, while directly responding to the demand for coordination between policy makers, training and education providers and health professionals’ associations, as it will produce Policy Briefs and Recommendations, thus contributing to the relevant policy agendas in national and EU level.
The organization responsible for the development and maintenance of the project website and organization authorized to communicate on behalf of the consortium in matters related to this website, is Partner 4 of the BioS consortium, SKYBRIDGE PARTNERS OUTSOURCING SERVICES I.K.E., Greece. The relevant web manager is Ms. Chrysa Psyllaki and can be reached at: email@example.com.
The postal address of SKYBRIDGE PARTNERS OUTSOURCING SERVICES I.K.E. is:
Agion Saranta 45, 18346, Moschato - Athens Greece.
att. Ms Chrysa Psyllaki, firstname.lastname@example.org
The BioS project, as the operator of this website, is acting as a controller regarding the personal information you are providing through this web site. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We always treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the data protection regulations and this data protection declaration.
A. If you only use our website for information purposes (i.e. access and viewing), i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, certain information is automatically sent to the server by which the website is kept available by the internet browser used on your device. This information is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the connection and the system:
- IP address of your computer or other device used to access this website,
- Date and time of access,
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- Content of the request (specific page or file accessed),
- Access status / HTTP status code (ie whether the file was transferred or possibly not found etc.),
- Amount of data transferred in each case,
- Website from which the request comes (referrer URL),
- Browser used,
- Operating system and its interface,
- Language and version of the browser software.
Under no circumstances do we use the aforementioned data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
Β. Cookies are stored on your device when you use our website, only if they are selected. Cookies – are small files, that a browser receives on the user‘s device (computer, phone or tablet) from a website that the user visits and is stored on the user‘s device. Cookies are used to improve functionality, for advertising, statistics and analysis (used to distinguish between the visitor and the workplace, to provide more relevant content, to collection information by analyzing website traffic, collecting statistics). In other words, cookies allow a website to remember information about a user‘s browsing habits, actions and setting.
In this specific website only the following cookies are used:
NECESSARY COOKIES: Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
C. Your e-mail if you submit it through the SUBSCRIBE function at https://www.bios-project.eu/site/el/index.html. This e-mail address is used only in order to send you updates on the BioS project, the BioS partners and relevant information regarding opportunities or actions deriving from the project and the project partners.
D. When using the Contact form at https://bios-project.eu/site/en/contact.html, the following information is processed by us:
- Email address
- Phone (optional)
E. Social Media: Our website provides access, through the links displayed at the bottom of each page and in various internal pages (e.g. contact), to the on line presence of the BioS project in social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin). We do not retain any information on this action.
We process your personal information provided to us as mentioned above for the following reasons:
- Information regarding your visit to the website. This information is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security of the connection and the system
- Your e-mail if you submit it through the SUBSCRIBE function at https://www.bios-project.eu/site/el/index.html in order to send you updates on the BioS project, the BioS partners and relevant information regarding opportunities or actions deriving from the project and the project partners.
- Your Name, Email address, Subject, Phone (optional), Message if you choose to contact us through the contact form, to provide feedback on your Message.
- Our social-media are managed by Partner 7 of the BioS consortium, ASSOCIATION MEDICALE EUROPEENNE (EMA). If you send us a private or direct message via social media, it will not be shared with any other organisations. We see all this information and decide how we manage it. For example, if you send a message via social media that needs a response from us, we may process it as an enquiry or a complaint. When contacting us through a social media platform, we suggest you also familiarise yourself with the privacy information of that platform.
We will store the information provided under A, B, C and D, based on our quality procedures for no more than three(3) years (the duration of the project).
The information provided to us by you will be stored in the main information system and will be kept in a need to know basis.
Access to the data may be provided to authorized personnel of each partner of the BioS project, to the European Union (staff relevant to the European Projects ERASMUS+), to the national authorities of each country (should need arise), to mailchimp (that manages the mail campaigns), to the website administrator, to the platform support company and the platform and infrastructure host.
In case, it is necessary for your information to be shared with others, we will inform you accordingly.
The countries that will receive your personal information are:
Germany, Greece, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Finland, Portugal and Cyprus.
We will collect, record, structure, store, consult, use, disseminate or otherwise make available, restrict, erase or destruct the personal data acquired by you through our website based on the above-mentioned principles while serving the specific processing purposes.
We will not use your information for profiling or for automated decision-making.
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of the personal data retained or the restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, simply by
- filling in the Contact us form at https://bios-project.eu/site/en/contact.html and adding the text “WITHDRAW CONSENT” in the message field or
- by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link on the received newsletter or
- by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the title “WITHDRAW CONSENT”
The legality of the data processing carried out before the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The responsible supervisory authority for data protection issues is the Hellenic Data Protection Authority, which you can contact at the following link: https://www.dpa.gr
More contact information:
Kifissias 1-3, PC 115 23
Telephone: +30-210 6475600
You can contact us any time, through
- the Contact Us form at https://bios-project.eu/site/en/contact.html ,
- through the post at the postal address of the website manager:
Agion Saranta 45, 18346, Moschato - Athens Greece, att. Ms Chrysa Psyllaki, firstname.lastname@example.org
- through e-mail to the website manager, Ms. Chrysa Psyllaki at email@example.com.
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit.
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.